Saturday 11 April 2009

Peter Wyngarde



Salut, I am Peter Wyngarde...welcome. Why don’t you make yourselves comfortable. Kick off your shoes, relax and let the soothing sound of my voice lead you into a frenzy of psychedelic vintage suits and ties. Many of you will remember me most as the lovable debonair playboy ’Jason King’ in my own long running series of the same name, others from the big screen in Night of the Eagle or more recently Flash Gordon. Those attending the theatre in the 60’s and 70’s are sure to have caught me in the flesh at one point or another. Today I address you under a different guise. Many years ago a little bit of musical magic was made with myself at the helm of a masterpiece. My first and only album titled simply ’Peter Wyngarde’ was withdrawn from shelves within a week of being released in 1970, due to, I can only imagine, the deep seeded myth and conspiracy within the enchanting lyrics. Do not worry friends, it was released years later under the more flamboyant heading ’When Sex Leers it’s Inquisitive Head’, as the enormity of my presence was realised through television. I now sit night after night by my rich pine writing table, penning what is sure to be the album of the century. Keep me close to your hearts. I remain as always your eternal servant....’Peter.’

www.myspace.com/peterwyngarde

No comments: